What can you do with your MedCheck account?
View your upcoming appointment schedule
Book a new appointment or change an existing schedule
Edit your medical profile so that your doctor can provide the most effective assessment possible. Or better yet, subscribe to MedCheck’s Personal Health Record management service and we’ll consolidate, store and manage your medical history for you!
TERMS OF SERVICE & CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT
Date: January 19, 2018
MEDCHECK E-COMMERCE, INC. (“MedCheck”) owns and operates www.medcheck.com.ph (“Website”). MedCheck offers various online healthcare-related services (“MedCheck Services”) through the Website and the MedCheck mobile application (“Mobile App”).
MedCheck may modify this Agreement for any reason and at any time. You will be informed of any changes in the terms of this Agreement. Your continued use of the Website, the Mobile App and the MedCheck Services following such modifications signifies your consent to be bound by the modifications to this Agreement.
- PRIVACY AND SECURITY
- What information may be collected about you;
- How the collected information is used; and
- Two whom the information is shared.
You must ensure the confidentiality of your account information and password. Should you learn or suspect that your account has been compromised, you must immediately inform MedCheck. You shall be responsible for the use of your account, whether authorized or unauthorized, and shall be liable for any losses caused by the use of your account.
You must be at least 18 years of age or older to register as a member and use the MedCheck Services. You may register dependents who are below 18 years of age as a member in MedCheck to enable you to use the MedCheck Service for their behalf.
To register as a member of MedCheck, you must provide a unique user name, password, and a valid email address.
You can cancel your membership at anytime by going to “Update Profile” and setting status to “Inactive”.
- LICENSE TO USE MEDCHECK SERVICES
As a registered member, MedCheck grants you a non-exclusive license to access the Website, use the Mobile App, and avail of the MedCheck Services for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- SCOPE OF MEDCHECK SERVICES
The following MedCheck Services will be available to a registered member:
- Full use of the Website and Mobile App to:
- Store and access your Personal Health Records;
- Search for physicians and obtain information about their background, specialties, schedules, and other information stated in their profiles;
- Search for and obtain information about hospital, clinics, and other health facilities (“Health Facilities”);
- Search for and obtain information about health-related products and services and their providers (“Healthcare Providers”);
- Schedule appointments with physicians affiliated with MedCheck; and
- Schedule appointments for diagnostic tests and procedures with Health Facilities and Healthcare Providers affiliated with MedCheck.
- Access to a forum exclusive to MedCheck members (“MedCheck Forum”) where a member can read and post appropriate reviews about physicians, Health Facilities, and Healthcare Providers; and
- Personal Health Records Service (for a fee).
MedCheck reserves the right to modify the scope of MedCheck Services at any time. MedCheck shall inform users of such changes.
Please note that none of MedCheck Services constitute the practice of medicine in any jurisdiction. None of the information that may be accessed in the MedCheck forum constitutes medical advice.
- Full use of the Website and Mobile App to:
- PERSONAL HEALTH RECORDS (MEDICAL RECORDS)
For the Personal Health Records Service, MedCheck will create, maintain, and store your medical records. You and the physicians, Health Facilities, and other providers of healthcare products and services who are registered with MedCheck will have access to your Personal Health Records.
To avail of the Personal Health Records Service, you must pay the monthly fee of PHP 159.00 by following the procedure in www.medcheck.com.ph/personal-health-records.
If payment is made online via credit or debit card, MedCheck will create your Personal Health Records within a period of thirty (30) working days from enrollment of subscription and confirmation of payment details. Payment will be charged to your card only after you have been given access to your Personal Health Records on the MedCheck portal.
If payment is made by over the counter bank deposit or by mobile wallet (Gcash), MedCheck will create your Personal Health Records and grant access to the MedCheck portal within a period of thirty (30) working days from your first payment upon registration.
By choosing to subscribe to the Personal Health Records Service and make payment via Paynamics Technologies Inc., you are agreeing to allow Payment Technologies Inc. to process all data in accordance with this agreement and applicable data protection laws, and also to provide effective mechanisms for the detection of fraud.
The Personal Health Records will contain only the information provided by:
- You; and
- Physicians, Health Facilities, and other providers of healthcare products and services you have authorized to share your information with MedCheck.
The Personal Health Records may contain the following:
- Name, age, civil status, citizenship, address, contact numbers, email address;
- Information about your spouse and dependents;
- Information about the person you designate as the contact person in case you are involved in an emergency;
- Medical History which includes:
- Past and present illnesses;
- Past and present medications;
- Past and present procedures and surgeries;
- Past admissions to Health Facilities;
- Results of Laboratory Tests
- Schedules of appointments with healthcare service providers who are registered with MedCheck.
You shall be responsible for authorizing MedCheck to retrieve your medical information from physicians, Health Facilities, and Healthcare Providers to share such medical information with MedCheck. You must provide MedCheck with a list of the authorized sources of your medical information from which MedCheck can obtain medical information for your Personal Health Records.
The accuracy and completeness of your Personal Health Records is wholly dependent on the information provided to MedCheck. MedCheck shall retrieve the medical information provided by the authorized sources of your medical information on an as-is, where-is basis, and MedCheck is not responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the information provide by you or third parties. It is your responsibility to regularly check your Personal Health Records and immediately inform MedCheck about any inaccuracy or missing medical information.
It is your responsibility to inform MedCheck of any change in your account information including, but not limited to, address, contact numbers, email address, or contact person in case of emergency.
By choosing to register and avail of the Personal Health Records Service, you authorize MedCheck to share your medical information with physicians, Health Facilities, and Healthcare Providers, including but not limited to companies engaged in the business of health/medical diagnosis, prescription and treatment.
MedCheck will maintain your Personal Health Records for a period of thirty days from the date of payment of the monthly fee. If you are paying through credit card, you can opt for automatic renewal of Personal Health Records Service, whereby your credit card will be automatically charged for the monthly fee and you can avail of the Personal Health Records Service for another period of thirty days from date of payment of the monthly fee.
- INFORMATION ABOUT PHYSICIANS, HEALTH FACILITIES, HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS, HEALTHCARE PRODUCTS, AND HEALTHCARE SERVICES.
While MedCheck aims to keep the information in the Website as accurate and complete as possible, MedCheck makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information found in the Website, including but not limited to information about Physicians, Health Facilities, Healthcare Providers, Healthcare Products, or Healthcare Services. The information provided in MedCheck in respect of any of such matters does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation. MedCheck does not provide medical advice, and the information obtained from the pages of Physicians, Health Facilities, Healthcare Providers, Healthcare Products or Healthcare Services are for informational purpose only. The content in the Website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
MedCheck makes no representations or warranties, whether expressed or implied, with respect to the expertise, quality of work, service, or products of the physicians, Health Facilities, or healthcare providers or suppliers found in the Website.
MedCheck shall have no liability with respect to any use or reliance upon any of the information provided in the Website.
- SCHEDULING OF APPOINTMENTS
While MedCheck offers a service for the scheduling your appointments with affiliated physicians, Health Facilities, and healthcare providers, it makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, that the appointments are guaranteed and will not be cancelled. MedCheck shall have no liability with respect to cancelled appointments.
- MEDCHECK FORUM
MedCheck reserves the right to confirm your review before posting in the MedCheck Forum. MedCheck has full discretion in deciding whether to post your review in the MedCheck Forum, or to remove reviews that you have posted. MedCheck shall have no liability with respect to any review you posted in the MedCheck Forum.
- INTERRUPTION OF SERVICE
MedCheck shall not be liable for any damage arising from any termination of, or loss or interruption to the Website, Mobile App, or MedCheck Services, or any technical problems affecting your access to the Website, Mobile App, or MedCheck Services.
- USE OF THE WEBSITE, MOBILE APP, AND MEDCHECK SERVICES
You shall not use the Website, Mobile App, and MedCheck Services in any manner, or in connection with any activity, that is unlawful, fraudulent, illegal, or harmful. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless MedCheck, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all suits or claims that arise from or is related to your use, in any manner, of the Website, Mobile App, or MedCheck Services.
- EXCLUSION FROM LIABILITY
To the fullest extent permitted by law, MedCheck shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, moral or exemplary damages, including (but not limited to) damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from (but not limited to) the following:
- Reliance on the information provided in the Website;
- Cancellation of appointments booked through MedCheck;
- Termination of, or loss or interruption to the Website, Mobile App, or MedCheck Services, or any technical problems affecting your access to the Website, Mobile App, or MedCheck Services;
- Corruption, loss of, or damage to data, software, or hardware resulting from the use of the Website, Mobile App, or MedCheck Services;
- Reliance on the information and use of services found in third party websites whose links were provided by the Website, Mobile App, or MedCheck Services;
- Inaccurate or incomplete information in your Medical Records; and
- Failure to update your account information.
- TERMINATION OF AGREEMENT
Your membership and the effectivity of this Agreement begins on the date of your registration as member.
You may cancel your membership and terminate this Agreement by deactivating your account (see No. 3 above).
MedCheck reserves the right to cancel your membership and terminate this Agreement for reasons, which include but are not limited to the following:
- Non-payment of subscription fee;
- Providing false, fraudulent, or misleading information about yourself or any of the physicians, Health Facilities, health providers, health products and health services affiliated with MedCheck; or MedCheck has reasonable grounds to believe that you have provided such information;
- Use of the Website, Mobile App, and MedCheck Services in any manner, or in connection with any activity, that is unlawful, fraudulent, illegal, or harmful; or
- Any violation of the terms of this Agreement.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of the Philippines. Any dispute arising from or relating to this Agreement shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts in Makati City, to the exclusion of all other courts or tribunals.
Should any portion of this Agreement be found to be illegal or unenforceable, that provision may be severed from this Agreement and the remaining provisions shall be given full force and effect.
The failure of any party to insist upon a strict performance of any of the terms of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver of such terms nor shall it be construed as a condonation of any subsequent breach thereof, and such terms shall continue to be in full force and effect.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about the Website, Mobile App, MedCheck Services, and this Agreement, you can reach out to MedCheck at: [email protected]